The Travel Blanket


This blog really started with a travel blanket.

I was caught in weather at the Atlanta airport and the incoming plane that I was supposed to get on, was diverted to South Carolina. From experience, this often ends up with hours of delays. I had given my previous travel blanket to a relative when she sick on vacation and she ended up liking it. As usual, I had picked out a spot on the floor to camp out with a power outlet. I was using my canvas 3M carry on as a pillow and looped one arm through a backpack strap, so no-one would walk off with my backpack. After hammering on some emails, I dozed off for about an hour and woke up pretty cold. I wanted a blanket.

Checking the status of the flight, it was still over an hour away from boarding and they had pushed the departure out several times. I was thinking this could go late into the night. I checked some alternative flights and nothing looked promising. They moved the gate from one end of the concourse to the other and passing through the center of the concourse, I looped through the stores looking at travel blankets. After poking, prodding and sniffing, the selection of travel blankets in Brookstone, I settled on the Brookstone Convertible Travel blanket. I didn't use it that night, but ended up using it at a hotel where I stayed with a group of my relatives together in a room.

I love the thing. Its not a big blanket, but for a single blanket, it keeps me warm enough. It crunches down into a 9" x 9" x 5" pouch that I hang from my backpack. I don't think the pouch is going to hold up, so it may end up inside my backpack. The blanket, I like well enough I might buy a spare. I like the feel of it, and its warm.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Micro Fiber Towels and Napkins